Vacature | Manager Legal – GSK Pharmaceuticals | Amersfoort
Strategic, responsible, stand-alone legal position in the Netherlands for a global, market leading biopharma company. As Manager Legal you will be a part of the Dutch leadership and management team. As a trusted advisor you will advise, support and facilitate the business operations of GSK and ViiV in the Netherlands.
GSK Pharmaceuticals (“GSK”) is a global, market leading biopharma company with a purpose to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together. GSK aims to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
GSK prioritizes innovation in vaccines and specialty medicines, maximizing the increasing opportunities to prevent and treat disease. At the heart of this is GSK’s R&D focus on the science of the immune system, human genetics, genomics and advanced technologies, and its world-leading capabilities in vaccines and medicines development. GSK focuses on four therapeutic areas: infectious diseases, HIV, respiratory/immunology, and oncology.
Globally – at more than 80 locations – 70,000 employees work together to get ahead of disease and to make a difference in people’s lives. For the Northern & Western Europe Commercial Legal Operations team of GSK, we are looking for a Manager Legal that will be responsible for supporting the business activities in The Netherlands. The Manager Legal will work from out of the GSK office in Amersfoort, The Netherlands.
The Manager Legal will be a part of the leadership and management team in the Netherlands. As a trusted advisor you will advise, support and facilitate the business operations of GSK and ViiV in the Netherlands. The main responsibilities of the Manager Legal will be:
- Counsel the business on all legal, policy, compliance and transactional issues;
- Draft, develop and execute commercial contracts and other legal documents;
- Review business, scientific, commercial, and sales/marketing documents/communications and advise on appropriate strategy/language to manage legal risk while maximizing business benefit;
- Recommend policies and practices on issues presenting potential legal risk arising from pharmaceutical healthcare activities, and support the development and implementation;
- Review and interpret pending or new legislation or regulatory rules impacting the pharmaceutical business and advise the business management on appropriate compliance measures;
- Liaise with other groups within the GSK Legal organization and other departments (e.g. Compliance, Corporate Risk and Insurance Management, Tax, Finance, Procurement etc.) in coordinating advice that integrates the full range of considerations;
- Educate internal clients within the pharmaceutical healthcare business on legal issues and new developments impacting the businesses, i.a. by providing legal trainings;L
- Liaise with external law firms on appropriate matters that require external, specialist legal assistance.
- Qualified in Dutch law
- Approximately 6 to 9 years legal experience, in private practice and/or in-house
- Generalist legal professional, broad civil legal experience
- Experience in life sciences or pharma is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment
- Willingness to learn and develop, eager, ambitious
- Resilient, can function under pressure
- Fluent in Dutch and English, written and orally
- Being part of a leading global biopharma company that positively impacts the health of billions of people worldwide
- Where you will find a workplace and an organization where people can really thrive
- A diverse and inclusive workplace where you will be surrounded by colleagues from different backgrounds
- Strategic, responsible, stand-alone legal position, as a member of the Dutch leadership team
- Whilst being a part of a large, international legal team that works closely together
- A company that is committed to the growth and professional and personal development of its employees
- Hybrid working is possible, the office is located in Amersfoort